Obtain news and background information about sealing technology, get in touch with innovative products – subscribe to the free e-mail newsletter.
Inflatable Extruded Seals - No Limits
For Maximum Flexibility
With extruded seals, Freudenberg Sealing Technologies offers high-quality production technologies for sealing points that could hardly be handled with conventionally produced seals or would lead to enormous tool costs. Unlike the situation at a number of manufacturers, the connection of the profiles takes place with vulcanization. That means that the joint locations are chemically bonded – and not just adhering – to one another. This produces a uniform seal quality and, as a result, uniform media resistance.
Polyurethane Precision Profiles
Freudenberg Sealing Technologies high-performance polyurethane profiles offer outstanding performance through their remarkable wear resistance and other excellent mechanical properties. Thanks to the proprietary manufacturing process, we can design high-precision profiles considerably smaller than ordinary elastomer profiles, delivering cost-effective, space-saving, robust constructions with a long service life and highly efficient sealing capabilities.
Find out more information on wear resistance, temperature tolerance, media compatibility, material and design from our Solutions Sheet.
- Sealing the longitudinal slot of rodless pneumatic linear actuators against operating pressure and dirt ingression
- Sealing the longitudinal slot of electric linear actuators against dust, dirt and fluids, thus protecting their costly interiors
- Protecting the glass scale and laser head of linear precision measurement systems in machine tools from being contaminated
- Wiping off metal chips and coolants from the telescopic coverings of machine tools, thus protecting their costly interiors
- Transmitting power in linear actuators by means of embedded cords made of steel or high-performance fibers
Profiles and Cords
In the process industry, the oven door seal is a typical extruded seal. Freudenberg Sealing Technologies offers four types of material especially for profiles and cords:
- 70 EPDM 391: suited for contact with water, steam, acids and alkaline solutions
- Ventoguard 472: resistant to disinfectants and CIP/SIP media
- 80 NBR 217383: flexible at low temperatures and wear-resistant
Inflatable seals are a special form of extruded seal. An inflatable seal is the best solution to prevent the the seal’s sticking in the frame profile. When traditional profile seals are no longer fully functional due to multiple adhesions to the frame, the situation can quickly become a problem in sterile environments, in laboratories, for example. Inflatable seals are inflated automatically when the door is closed, producing greater contact tension. When the door is opened, the seal relaxes, facilitating the process. In this way ,the door also closes more securely. Freudenberg Sealing Technologies offers inflatable seals – including the suitable compressed air valve with a click mechanism – made of the premium material Ventoguard 472, which is resistant to CIP/SIP media used in the process industry.
Profiles and Inflatable Seals for the Process Industry
The process industry encompasses a wide variety of applications and processes and therefore poses many different challenges on profiles and inflatable seals in food, beverage, pharmaceutical and chemical plants. Freudenberg Sealing Technologies has developed sealing solutions made of high-performance materials ...
Polyurethane Precision Profiles
Freudenberg Sealing Technologies high-performance polyurethane profiles offer outstanding performance through their remarkable wear resistance and other excellent mechanical properties.
Experience Freudenberg Sealing Technologies, its products and service offerings in text and videos, network with colleagues and stakeholders, and make valuable business contacts.Connect on LinkedIn!