Freudenberg Sealing Technologies Data Privacy Declaration
Thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in our company. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We want you to feel comfortable and safe when visiting our website. We process personal data in accordance with the data protection regulations of the country in which the responsible office is located. This data protection declaration applies only to the website of Freudenberg Sealing Technologies GmbH & Co. KG and the main domains fst.de and fst.com, not for websites to which links may be provided.
Freudenberg Sealing Technologies websites may contain links to websites of other companies to which this data protection declaration does not apply. The purpose and scope of data collection and the further processing and use of your data is the responsibility of the respective operators. For more information, please see their data protection information.
Last updated: May 24, 2018
1. Information about the collection of personal data
(1) In the following, we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that is personally identifiable to you, e.g. your name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) The party responsible pursuant to Art. 4 para. 7 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Freudenberg Sealing Technologies GmbH & Co. KG
Höhnerweg 2 - 4
Phone: + 49 (0) 6201 - 80-66 66
Fax: + 49 (0) 6201 - 88-66 66
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at:
legitimis group GmbH
Dellbrücker Straße 116
51469 Bergisch Gladbach
Phone: +49 2202 28 941-0
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address and perhaps your name and telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data created in this context after storage is no longer necessary, or restrict its processing if statutory retention obligations apply.
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual aspects of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. We also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
2. Your rights
(1) You have the following rights vis-à-vis us with regard to personal data concerning you:
- The right to information,
- The right to correction or deletion,
- The right to limitation of processing,
- The right to oppose processing,
- The right to have the data transferred.
(2) You also have the right to complain about our processing of your personal data to a data protection supervisory authority.
3. Collection of personal data when you visit our website
(1) When using the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you don’t register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR):
- The IP address
- The date and time of the request
- The time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- The content of the request (specific page)
- The access status/HTTP status code
- The amount of data transferred in each case
- The website that the request comes from
- The browser
- The operating system and its interface
- The language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk in the browser you use and through which certain information flows to the place that sets the cookie (here by us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They help make the Internet more user-friendly and effective overall.
4. Other functions and offers on our website
(1) Besides the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. Here, you must provide further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are checked regularly.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer participation in promotions, competitions, conclusion of contracts or similar services together with partners. For more information, please provide your personal data or see the description of the offer below.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
5. Objection to or revocation of the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. Such a revocation influences the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have given it to us.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal data on the weighing of interests, you may object to processing. This is the case if processing is not necessary, in particular to fulfil a contract with you, which is described by us in the following description of the functions. When exercising such an objection, we ask that you explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing your data.
(3) Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us of your objection to our advertising by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our websites use so-called retargeting technologies. This technology makes it possible to address Internet users who have already shown interest in our products with targeted advertising on our partners’ websites. The insertion of these advertising materials on our partners’ pages is based on a cookie technology and analysis of the previous usage behavior. This form of advertising is anonymous. No user profiles are merged with your personal data. By using our site, you consent to the use of so-called cookies and thus to the collection, storage and use of your user data. Furthermore, your data is stored in cookies beyond the end of the browser session so that it can be retrieved the next time you visit the website. You can revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future by refusing to accept cookies in your browser settings.
(1) With your consent you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers. The goods and services advertised are listed in the declaration of consent.
(2) To register for our newsletter, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure. This means that we will send you an e-mail to the specified e-mail address after you register in which we ask you to confirm that you would like the newsletter to be sent. If you do not confirm this within seven days, your registration will be automatically deleted. If you confirm your wish to receive the newsletter, we will store your e-mail address until you unsubscribe from the newsletter. This data is stored solely for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. Furthermore, we store your IP addresses and the times upon registration and confirmation in order to prevent misuse of your personal data.
(3) The following fields are mandatory for sending the newsletter: Title, first name, last name, company, country, city and e-mail address.
After we receive your confirmation, we will save this data for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. Your entries in the fields “company,” “country” and “city” help us to avoid duplicates in the system. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe to the newsletter. You can cancel your subscription by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail or by e-mail to email@example.com or by sending a message to the contact details you’ll find in the imprint.
(5) We would like to point out that we evaluate your user behavior when sending the newsletter. For this evaluation, the e-mails sent contain so-called web beacons, also known as tracking pixels. These are single-pixel image files that link to our website, enabling us to evaluate your user behavior. Links received in the newsletter also contain these IDs. The data is collected personally, the IDs are linked to your other personal data in our CRM system for marketing and optimization purposes. The information collected in this way is stored by the newsletter provider on its server in Germany. You can revoke this tracking at any time by unsubscribing to the newsletter. You can do so by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail, or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Such tracking is not possible even if you have deactivated the display of images in your e-mail program by default. In this case, however, the newsletter will not be displayed in full and you may not be able to use all of the functions. If you display the images manually, the tracking referred to above will be performed.
With the data obtained in this way, we create a user profile to tailor the newsletter to your individual interests. We record when you read our newsletters, which links you click on in them and deduce your personal interests. We link this data to the actions you take on our website.
8. The use of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service offered by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies,” text files that are placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymization is activated on this website, Google will reduce your IP address within Member States of the European Union or in other states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area beforehand. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and be shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with further services associated with website and Internet use.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp().”IP addresses are thus further processed in abbreviated form, so that a personal relationship can be ruled out. As far as the data collected about you is personal, it will be excluded right away and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. We can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield,
https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(6) Third party information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
User terms: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html
Overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and the data protection declaration: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for device-independent analysis of visitor flows, which is carried out via a user ID. In your customer account under “My data,” “Personal data,” you can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your usage.
(8) Data at the user and event level linked to cookies, user IDs and advertising IDs (e.g. DoubleClick cookies, Android advertising ID, IDFA [Apple Advertiser ID]) will be retained by us for 14 months before it is automatically deleted.
(9) Using Google Tag Manager: Google Tag Manager is a solution that allows marketers to manage website tags through a single interface. The Tool Tag Manager itself (which implements the tags) is a cookieless domain and does not collect any personal data. The tool triggers other tags, which in turn may collect data. Google Tag Manager does not access this data. If deactivation has been made at the domain or cookie level, it remains for all tracking tags implemented with Google Tag Manager. http://www.google.de/tagmanager/use-policy.html
9. The use of Sitecore Tracking
Information on data processing by Sitecore and the corresponding data protection regulations can be found at: http://www.sitecore.net/legal/privacy-policy.aspx
Further information on the cookies used can be found on our website https://www.fst.com/Footer/Cookie-page/
We delete all personal data in Sitecore as soon as it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected or you have exercised your right to have it deleted. If legal storage obligations exist or one of the further exceptions from Art. 17 GDPR applies, we will delete the data concerned as quickly as possible.
10. Involvement of third-party services
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offering. These are stored on www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all integrated into the “extended data protection mode,” i.e. no data about you as a user will be transmitted to YouTube if you don’t play the videos. The data mentioned in paragraph 2 will only be transmitted when you play the videos. We have no control over this data transmission.
(2) By visiting the website, the third party provider receives information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned in this declaration will be transmitted. This is regardless of whether this third party provides a user account through which you are logged in, or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to the plug-in provider, this data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish to be assigned to your profile with the plug-in provider, you must log out before activating the button.
(3) The plug-in provider will store this data as user profiles and use it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation takes place in particular (also for not logged in users) for the provision of demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right.
(4) For more information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider, please refer to the data protection declarations of these providers found below. They will also provide you with more information about your rights and privacy settings: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy
Google also processes your personal data in the USA and complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Privacy information when using Facebook plug-ins
The Freudenberg Sealing Technologies website contains programs and plug-ins from the social network Facebook. This is the button with the Facebook logo and the corresponding “Share on” message. The social network is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (hereinafter Facebook). All data processing processes in this context are not carried out by us, but rather by Facebook. It is not known exactly what data processing operations Facebook performs when and after a fan page is called up by a user. Therefore, we can only provide the following information based on the currently available level of knowledge:
When you are logged in to Facebook, Facebook collects information about your actions, interactions and movements within its social network, which Facebook Inc. uses to optimize its personalized direct marketing profile for each user for its own business purposes and links to your profile and registration information and other information provided by you or others within the social network. For the purpose and scope of data collection by Facebook and for further processing and use of your data there, as well as your rights and setting options in this regard, which you have to protect your privacy, we refer to the Facebook data protection information, over which we have no control (http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/).
Even if you are not logged in to Facebook, Facebook Inc. stores and uses data on the operating system, the browser version, IP address and the place of origin derived from it.
In addition, Facebook can also recognize you as an unlogged/non-registered user via “cookies” and use the statistical data obtained from your next login or your first registration with Facebook to form your profile.
Twitter und LinkedIn
“Tailored Audiences” and “Conversion Tracking” by Twitter and LinkedIn offer the opportunity to target existing users and customers who have visited the FST website with relevant campaigns. This is done by Twitter and LinkedIn using a website tag to store anonymized user data. When a user visits our website, a Twitter or LinkedIn cookie is placed in the browser.
FST adheres to the guidelines for Conversion Tracking and Tailored Audiences of the company Twitter (https://support.twitter.com/articles/20172376#).
Users who wish to deactivate interest-based advertising on Twitter can do so, for example, via the respective unsubscribe mechanism defined by Twitter (currently here: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20171528#).
You can change your privacy settings on Twitter at http://twitter.com/account/settings.
Data protection information can be found under http://twitter.com/privacy.
At LinkedIn, you can decline interest-based advertising here https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/enhanced-advertising.
The legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
This website uses the services of DataXu GmbH (www.dataxu.com) to collect statistical data about the use of the website and to optimize the advertising accordingly for you. For this purpose, anonymized browser data in the form of Internet cookies is collected and analyzed. We expressly do not collect any personal data that could identify the visitor as an individual. Further information on the use and processing of the data can be found in the DataXu GmbH data protection regulations at https://www.dataxu.com/about-us/privacy
The collection and storage of data by DataXu GmbH can be revoked at any time with effect for the future at http://www.youronlinechoices.com
For the data protection of services, please visit: https://www.quantcast.com/how-we-do-it/consumer-choice/privacy-policy/
11. Use of portals
(1) If you wish to use our O-ring configurator (oring.fst.com and oring.fst.de), you must register by entering your e-mail address, a password of your choice and the mandatory fields shown in the form. We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for registration, i.e. your registration is not complete until you have previously confirmed your registration via a confirmation e-mail sent to you for this purpose by clicking on the link contained therein. If you do not receive confirmation in due time, your registration will be automatically deleted from our database.
(2) If you use our portal, we store your data necessary for the fulfilment of the contract, including information on the method of payment. Furthermore, we store the voluntary data provided by you for the duration of your use of the portal, unless you delete it beforehand. You can manage and change all information in the protected customer area. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
(3) In order to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data, especially financial data, the connection is encrypted using SSL technology.