Freudenberg Sealing Technologies Data Privacy Declaration
(1) Information on the collection of personal data and provider identification
We are pleased that you are visiting our website and that you are interested in our company. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We would like you to be comfortable and feel secure as you visit our Internet sites. We handle personal data in accordance with the data privacy regulations of the country where the responsible authority resides. This declaration of data protection applies only to the Freudenberg Sealing Technologies GmbH & Co. KG with its main domains fst.de and fst.com and not to websites to which they may be linked.
Freudenberg Sealing Technologies websites may contain links to the websites of other providers that this data privacy declaration does not cover. The purpose and scope of the data collection as well as the further processing and use of your data fall to the respective operators. Please obtain the full details from their data protection information.
In the following, we provide information on the collection of personal data while you use this website. Personal information includes any data that can be obtained about you, such as name, address, e-mail addresses and user behavior.
Most recent update: Nov. 25, 2015
(2) Data collection
Freudenberg Sealing Technologies collects information when you call up and use our website and when you register or log in.
When you use our website, technical data are transmitted to us for a limited time. The data include the IP address of your network, date, time, time zone and status of the requested data, information about the website from which you reached our site, your type of browser, and the version of your operating system.
When you register on our website or log in, we retrieve a variety of information, such as your name, your contact data, and your user account settings.
(3) Data security
Freudenberg Sealing Technologies maintains up-to-date technical measures to ensure data security, especially to protect your personal data from risks during data transmission and from access to the information by third parties. Each of these measures is suitably updated to the current state of technology.
(4) Collection of personal data during informational use
During the purely informational use of the website, meaning when you have not signed up, registered or otherwise conveyed information to us, we collect no data, with the exception of data that your browser communicates to enable your visit to the website. The data are:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference compared to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Data quantity transferred in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
(1) We used the so-called "double-opt-in" process for registrations to our newsletter. That means that we send a confirmation e-mail to you at the indicated address after you have submitted it, in which we ask you to confirm that you indeed want the newsletter sent to you. If you do not confirm this within a week, your registration is automatically deleted. If you confirm your desire after receiving the newsletter, we store your e-mail address until you unsubscribe. The information is only stored so we can send you the newsletter. Moreover, to prevent the abuse of your personal information, we store your IP address and the date and time during both the registration and the confirmation.
(2) The required fields for the transmission of the newsletter are form of address, first name, last name, e-mail address and your area of interest. This information will also be completely deleted in the event of cancellation. Only the above-mentioned fields required for the newsletter shipment are stored when you register using the contact form on the site.
(3) You may revoke your consent to the transmission of the newsletter at any time. You can revoke it by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. The data that you submitted will not be forwarded to third parties.
(4) Please be aware that we evaluate your user behavior when we send out the newsletter. The transmitted e-mails contain so-called web beacons, also known as tracking pixels, to allow this evaluation. They are one-pixel image files that link to our website and allow us to evaluate your user behavior. The links received in the newsletter also contain this identifier. The data collected is linked, so the identifiers are tied to your other personal data in our CRM system for marketing and optimization purposes. The newsletter provider stores the information collected in this way on its server in Germany. You can reject this tracking at any time by canceling the newsletter. You do this by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail. This kind of tracking is also impossible if you have deactivated the display of images in your e-mail program in the standard way. In this case, however, the newsletter will not be fully displayed to you and you might not be able to use all the functions. If you have the images displayed manually, the tracking described above will take place.
(7) Use of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In case of activation of the IP anonymization, Google will truncate/anonymize the last octet of the IP address for Member States of the European Union as well as for other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address is sent to and shortened by Google servers in the USA. On behalf of the website provider, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage to the website provider.
(2) Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
(4) Furthermore, you can prevent Google’s collection and use of data generated by cookies and related to your use of the website (including cookies and IP address) as well as the processing of the data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
(5) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. The IP addresses are thus shortened before further processing, ruling out direct references to persons.
Data privacy oversight: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en,
as well as the privacy statement: https://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/privacy/.
(7) Use of Google Tag Manager:
Google Tag Manager is a system by which marketers can administer website tags using an interface. The Tool Tag Manager, which implements the tags, is a cookie-free domain and collects no personal data itself. The tool enables the release of other tags that may be able to collect data on their own. Google Tag Manager does not access these data. If a deactivation is undertaken at the domain or cookie level, it remains in force for all the tracking tags that have been implemented with the Google Tag Manager.
(8) Use of Sitecore tracking
This website uses Sitecore's web analysis service to steadily improve the customer-friendliness of our Internet presence. You can prevent the storage of cookies by means of appropriate settings on your browser software. But in that case, please be aware that you might not be able to use all the functions of this website to their full extent.
You can find information on Sitecore's data processing and its data protection policy here: http://www.sitecore.net/legal/privacy-policy.aspx
You can find more information about the cookies that we use at this web address: https://www.fst.com/Footer/Cookie-page/
(9) Integration of the services of third parties
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online presence that are stored at http://www.YouTube.com and that can be played directly from our website. They are all integrated into our "extended data protection mode," which means that no data relating to you are transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. It is only when you play the videos that the data cited in Para. 2 are transmitted. We have no influence over this data transfer.
(2) Due to your visit to the website, the third-party provider receives the notification that you have called up a particular sub-page of our website. The data cited in this declaration are also transferred. This occurs whether this third-party provider is providing a user account with which you have logged in or there is no user account. If you are logged in with the plug-in provider, the data are mapped directly to your account. If you do not want your profile to be mapped to the plug-in provider, you must log out before activating the button.
(3) The plug-in provider stores these data as user profiles and uses them for advertising, market research and/or website design tailored to market needs. Such an evaluation takes place (even for users who have not logged on) in particular to develop advertising based on market needs informing other users in the social network about your activities on our website.You are entitled to the right of objection to the formation of this user profile. To exercise it, you must address the particular plug-in provider.
(4) You can obtain further information on the purpose and scope of a plug-in supplier's data collection and processing in the providers' data privacy declarations in the following material. You can also obtain additional information on your rights and your settings options to protect your private sphere.
(5) Addresses of the respective providers and URLs with data privacy notices:
Data privacy notices for the use of Facebook plug-ins
The Freudenberg Sealing Technologies Internet presence contains programs and/or plug-ins from the social network Facebook. This involves a button with the Facebook logo and the associated notice "Share." The social network is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (Facebook in the following material). We do not execute any of the processing in this connection. Facebook handles it. It is not precisely known what procedures Facebook undertakes when the user calls up a fan page nor after the fact. As a result, we can only offer the following information based on the level of information that is currently accessible:
When you have logged in at Facebook, it collects data regarding your actions, interactions and movements within its social network, which Facebook Inc. uses to optimize the direct marketing profile personalized for every user for its own business purposes and ties them to your profile and the registration data indicated there and other information that you or others have provided within the social network. We direct you to Facebook's data privacy notice – upon which we have no impact – for the purpose and scope of Facebook's data collection as well as the further processing and use of your data at the company, as well as your rights and settings options in this regard. (http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/).
Even if you are not logged in at Facebook, Facebook Inc. stores and uses data on your operating system and browser version, as well as your IP address and the point of origin derivable from it.
Furthermore, through the use of "cookies," Facebook can recognize non-logged-in/unregistered users and utilize the statistical data gained from page call-ups at your next login or your first registration for the creation of a profile.
(10) Using the functions of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. To do so, you must generally provide additional personal data, which we use to produce the particular service. If additional voluntary declarations are possible, they are appropriately labeled.
(2) In the event that you contact Freudenberg Sealing Technologies, including all the identified facilities and distributors, using e-mail or the contact form, we will store your e-mail address and, if submitted, your name and telephone number so we can answer your questions.
(11) Forwarding data to third parties
(1) We may forward your personal data to third parties when we offer participation in campaigns, contests, bookings or conclusions of contracts jointly with a third-party. In this case, you will be notified separately before your data is forwarded to a third-party.
(2) In some cases, we turn to external service providers to process your data. We carefully select these providers and commission them in writing. They are obligated to follow our instructions, and we regularly monitor them. The service providers will not forward these data to third parties. To the extent that these service providers are in [the USA], we disclose this to you with regard to their respective roles. This data processing also takes place in accordance with the applicable laws.
(12) Use of portals
(1) If you would like to use our O-ring configurator (oring.fst.com und oring.fst.de), you must register by submitting your e-mail address and a password that you select yourself, and fill out the required fields shown in the form. We use the so-called "double-opt-in process" for registrations, meaning that your registration is only complete if you have already confirmed your sign-up using the confirmation e-mail sent to you for this purpose. To do so, you must click on the link contained in the message. If confirmation in question does not take place promptly, your registration will automatically be deleted from our database.
(2) When you use our portal, we store the data that you provide and that is needed to fulfill the agreement, including information on the method of payment. Furthermore, we store the data that you have voluntarily provided for the period of your use of the portal, insofar as you have not already deleted it. You can administer or change all the information [possibly with the exception of your username] in the protected customer area.
(3) The connection is encrypted by SSL technology to prevent unauthorized access by third parties to your personal data, especially financial data.
(13) Contact form
The data that you submit in the contact form is used exclusively for correspondence with you. Your information is not forwarded to third parties. The guidelines listed under Para. 6 also apply in the event of a simultaneous registration for the newsletter using this form.
(14) Right to information
(1) At any time, you have the right to ask us for information about the data relating to you that are stored with us as well as the information’s origin, recipients or categories of recipients to whom it has been forwarded and the purpose of the storage.
(2) If you have given consent for the use of the data, you can revoke it at any time.
(3) Please address all requests for information, information-related inquiries or objections to data processing by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding the processing of your personal data, you can turn to our data privacy officer. Together with his team, he is available to respond to requests for information, suggestions or complaints.
(15) Data privacy officer
Data privacy officer for Freudenberg Sealing Technologies GmbH & Co. KG
c/o legitimis GmbH
Dellbrücker Straße 116
51469 Bergisch Gladbach