Obtain news and background information about sealing technology, get in touch with innovative products – subscribe to the free e-mail newsletter.
Special Sealing Products
Special Sealing Products are customized solutions with special geometries or application requirements. As they are always individually designed and produced, you need a sealing solutions expert with excellent material, product and application know-how. Freudenberg Sealing Technologies is the top innovator in the field, providing you with the maximum technical competence in consulting, engineering and manufacturing.
Tube Seals - Connector Sealing Plugs - Creating Tight Connections
Quick-Fit Plug Connections for Housings, Pipe Ends and Assemblies
Plug & Seal connectors are pipe sections that are rubberized on their exterior surfaces, with two sealing beads and shock absorbers. They are used to create a tight, lasting connection between housings, pipes and Assemblings for the reliable transport of fluids.
Connecting Components Quickly, Reliably and Tightly
Freudenberg Sealing Technologies developed Plug & Seal connectors to establish a tight connection between two housings, pipes and assemblies – for the reliable transport of fluids such as oil, water or air. Besides the standard design, rubberized pipe sections with two sealing beads and shock dampers are available with interior/exterior sealing, plus additional functions, and as an individualized customer solution.
The advantages of Plug & Seal connectors are many and varied. The main benefit is that they can replace other incomplete components – including cast-iron pipes with machined grooves, flanged aluminum pipes with two mounted O-rings, hoses with hose clamps, and flat and O-ring seals.
Other Advantages at a Glance
Quickly installable Plug & Seal connectors
- combine multiple functions in a single component
- compensate for eccentricities and allow greater tolerances during installation
- provide an acoustic and mechanical decoupling
- seal reliably even at high pressures
- allow simple, secure and cost-effective fitting
- reduce logistics expenses
- minimize maintenance expenses through significantly improved durability
- offer clear benefits stemming from low overall cost
Our Products in Detail
Plug & Seal: Sealing Internally and Externally
Individually adjusted, internally and externally sealing Plug & Seal connectors can be used to good effect in the following applications:
- Sealing a long or coiled fluid feed in the engine cooling circuit, through a line with an interior/exterior sealing Plug & Seal at both ends
- Sealing and decoupling between the coolant manifold and the cylinder head in a stationary diesel engine with an interior/exterior sealing Plug & Seal product (see figure)
Plug & Seal for Efficient Installation
In practice, one aspect is very important: whether the fitting of seals and components is easy, safe and efficient to execute. These objectives can be achieved with Plug & Seal connectors:
- Plug & Seal fix themselves in the installation space
- Simplified overhead fitting
- Multiple installation of all seal connections in one work sequence
To further automate the multiple installation of Plug & Seal products, it is possible to establish a chain of interlinked Plug & Seal seals (see figure).
Plug & Seal With Additional Functionality
Plug & Seal connectors can be configured innovatively and individually to handle different functions. One example of a Plug & Seal with extra functionality is the fluid feed in the oil cooler of an internal combustion engine. The Plug & Seal takes over the following functions:
- Tight fluid feed between the oil cooler and engine block
- Compensation for misalignment
- Guaranteeing a minimal oil level in the oil cooler
- Protection of pipe connections in an abrasive airflow through the use of an elastomer coating